“What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.” – Saint Augustine
Online Champions – Help Kids with your own Fundraising Page!
Do you have a ton of influence on your social networks? Are you plugged in to lots of people who will take action when you ask them? Join our September Challenge and you can win prizes while raising funds to help the children at TOUCH in Uganda!
Step #1 – Create a personal fundraiser page on GlobalGiving – instructions here (or download instructions as a PDF)
Step #2 – Share with friends, family, anybody to raise $500 or more – you can do it!
Be sure your fundraiser page is connected to one of our projects!
TIP – Start your fundraiser from one of our projects:
From one of the above, scroll down to just below the second large DONATE buttons on the page, and you’ll see the green “fundraiser” button along with the social sharing buttons (see sample image below). Click on the green “fundraiser” button and it will take you to the page where you can start setting up your personal fundraiser page.
8 Tips for Successful Fundraising
- Set a Goal – our friends at GlobalGiving have found that a goal of at least $1000 is ambitious enough to inspire people, and not so big as to be scary or unattainable.
- Make a Plan – don’t leave it to chance or just hope that people will give. Make a list of people you know and what you think they could give. Call them up, email them, meet with them face-to-face. Tell them why this cause is important to you. Ask them to help you reach your goal by giving that amount.
- Tell How Donations Make a Difference – You can see on our project pages how we use the donations – also, let your friends know that we don’t use any of these funds here in the US.
- Share Your Story – Your friends want to help YOU make a difference. Tell them why this is important to YOU. Have you been to visit the children at TOUCH? Then share about your trip and the children you saw. Show pictures, tell stories. Tell how you felt and what a difference their donation will make in the lives of these children!
- Talk about your fundraising efforts on your blog – A blog, or an online journal, is a great place to update donors on your progress and a subtle way to tell blog visitors that you are accepting donations for a great cause. Be sure to add a widget or link to your fundraising page.
- Share on Social Networks – Share your fundraising efforts on all your social networks, and encourage your friends to share on their networks, too!
- Give Supporters Updates – let your friends and donors know how you’re doing and how close you are to your goal. Some will even give again to help you reach your goal!
- Say Thanks! – Your friends are giving to help YOU reach your goal – they believe in you, and that’s something to be thankful for! Be sure they know how much you appreciate their help!